Altitude Script Developer
Altitude Script Developer is an industry unique language and development environment specialized for contact centers. Altitude Script Developer, through Altitude Scripting Language, allows the design, control, and execution of the most critical customer interaction modules in the contact center, namely the Voice Portal scripting, the interaction routing, the agent desktop GUI, and agent dialog scripts.
Altitude Unified Routing is a multimedia, software-based interaction routing system. The most flexible option of Altitude Unified Routing is based on fully customizable routing scripts. Altitude Script Developer enables the definition of powerful multimedia routing strategies with ease.
Altitude Script Developer enables companies to define each step of the call interaction flow and clearly presents the relevant data to the agent. Altitude Script Developer is designed for both inexperienced and advanced users. New users can take advantage of pull-down menus, on-screen buttons, pop-up windows, inheritance mechanisms, and fill-in-the-blank parameters. Advanced users can leverage functionality, such as modules, subroutines, functions, and event handling and sophisticated data structures. Scripts guide agents through dialogs with customers, while managing contacts, controlling interactions, and updating databases. Scripts can also interface with external Windows libraries and applications. The graphical editor simplifies the development of scripts and, at the same time, uses the functionality of Altitude uCI. The developer builds scripts by visually placing graphical elements, selecting items from menus, and filling in dialog boxes. Altitude Script Developer contains the functionality to develop comprehensive service or campaign scripts that effectively handle inbound and outbound interactions and provide agents with the appropriate information.
Voice Portal Scripts
Altitude Voice Portal applications can be based in either Altitude Scripting Language or Voice XML. Altitude Script Developer allows building fully customizable voice self-service applications reusing existing transactions and business logic from the assisted service and vice versa. Additionally, all interaction routing functionality can be used inside the self-service application. Altitude Script Developer contain specific self-service pre-defined functionality such as play message; get digit, text-to-speech and automatic speech recognition interfaces, among others.
Altitude Voice Portal runs a specific script for each incoming or outgoing call and besides typical functionality such as flow actions, telephony actions, as available in agent’s application; the scripting tool provides the following features:
- Talk to the customer using recorded voice messages, with the possibility to use dynamic contents through TTS
- Accept commands from the phone dial or keypad
- Accept voice commands (through ASR)
- Take messages from the customer
- Access business data, legacy applications and custom DLL libraries
- Transfer voice and data to human agents
- Perform routing decisions
- Graphical edition of the call flow
- Automatic dispatch information to the customer such as sending e-mails
Scripts help agents to be more productive and customer oriented, providing the relevant information to the customer, which greatly improves the consistency of the interaction.
The routing script can access information of the interaction, of the customer (internal and external database, like uCI repository and legacy systems), agent skills and the dynamic status of the contact center. With full routing, the script can insert the interaction in the queue, manage the queue and the interaction while in queue. Intelligent routing not only provides the company with the ability to segment and priorities customer interactions according to business needs and desired service levels, but also maximizes the overall productivity of the contact center.
Altitude Script Developer allows users to take advantage of a series of pre-defined actions that allow to route interactions and access contact center information with ease. Additionally the routing flow can be graphically adjusted.
Depending on the complexities particular to each business, the routing script can deliver interactions based on any or all of the following criteria:
- Contact data (ANI, DNIS, to clause, email content), web pages visited, or data collected from an IVR or Web forms
- Database information, such as historical contact and business data stored in the Altitude uCI data repository, external relational databases, SNA mainframes, and windows DLLs
- Contact center data, dynamic workload information about a given agent, a particular team, service or the overall contact center
Based on the data collected it can then execute a given routing strategy or strategies:
- Priorities, assign interactions based on pre-assigned priorities (e.g. phone before chat before e-mail; gold card members before regular customers)
- Skills Based Routing, distribute interactions according to agent skills profiles
- Fairness, control agent idle time while using skills based routing
- Relationship, distribute interactions according to agent-customer relationship
- Overflow/Service level, enqueue transactions to alternate destinations
- Super agent, distribute to special agents
Routing strategies are accomplished via the script that runs for each incoming transaction. For voice interactions, the script can be initiated by a self-service option (Altitude Voice Portal) or by the Altitude Unified Routing, depending on the configuration in place. Generally, a self-service option fronts most solutions and acts as an agent to gather customer data in advance of determining the routing strategy.
- Single development generates agent scripts for both Web and windows environment
- Built-in interaction control
- Built-in flow control
- Built-in telephony control
- Built-in Agent Knowledge Base
- Dynamic scripts
- Script changes available on-the-fly
- Perform real-time database updates
- Integration with external components (COM, DLLs)
- Graphical and textual edition co-exist
- Automatic generation of script documentation
- Debug and Simulation Environment available for both Voice Portal and Agent scripts